Wow what a weekend! It kicked off with a testosterone filled night of Steven Seagal, Action Jackson and beefy French Dip sandwiches with the Reverend Cornbread. I hung in for a little of the Seagal, but I couldn't make it through Action Jackson. I went to bed and let the boys enjoy their really bad 80's action flick.
Saturday my mom and I headed up to Temecula to visit the wedding venue. There was a wedding being set-up for later in the evening and we got to see how they did it for 150 guests. They used round tables which was nice to see because that is what we were planning to use. But we'll need fewer tables because we'll only have about 60 guests.
We also got to see how they set-up the ceremony site. It's actually not anything what we have planned. We aren't going to have any chairs, and we'll definitely have something a little different than their arch. But it was nice to see how they situated the sound and electrical.
We chatted with the owner and were able to nail down a couple more details and that always makes me feel better. Then as were leaving we also got to see the parking vans start to bring guests in. It's a very convenient and professional service, we were definitely impressed!
Speaking of parking... Our wedding website is up and running. And the address and parking information is available along with information for uploading photos via Flickr. But keep checking back for updates as we get closer to the wedding.
After visiting the wedding venue we bought the ground beef for the hamburgers. Our menu is going to be super simple food that most people like. Just hamburgers, hot-dogs and some sides. So Saturday evening we had a patty party at our house. Michael, my Mom and I made hand-formed 1/4lb patties and packaged them and put them in the freezer.
And Sunday was my bridal shower!
It was so beautiful. My Aunt Mary Ann, Lindsey, and Amanda outdid themselves! My cousin Michelangelo cooked for us and got to experience his first and according to him his last bridal shower. And I was spoiled rotten with gifts. It was a really nice day and I got to be surrounded by all the wonderful women in my life. Plus, Lindsey coordinated my favorite shower game, The Toilet Paper Bride. It was definitely the best bridal shower ever! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you all!

No comments:
Post a Comment