I cut out all the pieces Friday night! That was hard work! Between fighting off Judo and her toys and crawling around on my knees I was tired and sweaty after cutting out the giant skirt pieces and all the layers and layers of bodice fabric! But I forgot to cut out the pockets. I'll cut those out when I start assembling the skirt. I have plenty of fabric for both the pockets and a little bolero to keep me warm later in the reception.
Sunday afternoon I was able to complete the underbodice front. It's made from just the white bridal jacquard and has no overlay becuase you only see the top edge of it.
Next I basted all the layers of the overbodice. It has the etched glass overlay and will be lined with the white ambiance rayon lining.
I completed both bodice pieces and basted them together. After I get the bodice back done, I'll sew them together at the side seams and both bodice fronts will be treated as one.
I pinned the trim on the top edge just for fun. It so pretty!





No comments:
Post a Comment