Kelly really wanted to see me try on wedding dresses when we went to pick out their bridesmaid dresses, so I humored her. We were giggling the whole time and making fun of the giant ridiculous dresses. The one on the left we called the Doily dress and the one on the right we called the chandelier dress. They were both too hot and too heavy, but I liked the bodice on both of them. I've had to come to terms with the fact that I should make my wedding dress strapless. So I went on a search for new patterns...
And I ended up with McCall's 3399 and Advance 7914. I had the McCall's pattern, but I'm still waiting for the Etsy seller to ship the Advance pattern. I used the bodice from the McCall's pattern and I wanted to use the skirt from the Advance pattern, but I still don't have it. This is the photoshopery I came up with:
I drafted the bodice pattern, grading it from a 1955 size 13 to my size and adding one inch to the length. Then I started the muslin for the bodice while I was waiting for the Advance pattern to ship.
Also, while I was waiting I found the perfect shoes to wear for the reception. I don't think I'll make it all night long in the glorious heels I bought, so I wanted some flats that I could dance all night in. I happened to find the perfect little blue ones in a little ghetto shoe store in the heart of Escondido. I don't remember if I've posted my orginal shoes before, but they're so wonderful, it never hurts to see them again!

A couple days ago, I gave up waiting for the pattern to arrive. I've tried and tried to contact the seller, and if it doesn't get here I'll pursue it with paypal. So I decided to just add a whole other circle to the skirt from my first muslin. Then I gathered them into the bodice.
I love it and it fits perfectly! This is definitely it! I do need to raise the front waist just a little. But other than that, I'm ready to start making the real thing!






No comments:
Post a Comment