Well, I've reconsidered my "bridal look". No more traditional blusher veil for me. I'm pretty sure I'll wear a birdcage veil and fascinator. Yes, all the girls on my inspiration board are wearing 2 separate hair accessories. The flower/feather barrette thing is the fascinator and the little net piece is the birdcage veil.
I really want to wear fabric flowers in my hair (but no feathers) and I want them seen. Also, I don't like how brides are all hidden and covered up by their veil like they're something to be presented to the man. I think birdcage veils are so cool because they enhance your eyes and look really feminine.
I ordered the French net on eBay and received it last week along with the elastic button loops for the back of my dress. I haven't decided if I really am going to keep the veil separate from the fascinator, or just make them one piece and scrunch the veil up and out of the way after the ceremony. I figure I'll play around with it after I get my dress done.
In dress news, I have tried the petticoat on with my shoes. It's PERFECT! It's exactly the length I wanted and just the right fullness. Plus, the shoes look amazing! Next is the muslin. I drafted the bodice pattern and I cut them out of my white cotton just tonight. I need to buy the bra cups before I put the bodice together, but I plan to do that tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment