I finished all my bridal accessories.
I really thought that I wanted a birdcage veil. I had my heart set on it. I scoured eBay for French Netting and I read all kinds of birdcage veil tutorials online. But when I made mine is was a great let down. It looked really stupid on me. I mean really stupid! I guess I just don't have the right head for a birdcage veil. Good thing I bought regular old white tulle as a back-up. I just gathered 3 yards of it, and stitched it onto a comb with some white button twist. Then I stitched a little of the bodice trim onto the front of it. I LOVE it!
I also made a flower for my hair. I'll wear it under my veil, so that when I take the veil off for the reception, I'll still have something pretty in my hair. I used the glitter dot fabric from my Toothfairy costume from Halloween 2003. I just cut out some petal shapes and curled the edges with a candle flame. Then I stitched them together and added 3 of the posey rhinestone buttons that I used on the back of my dress. I used some of the white brida jacquard to make leaves, and stitched the whole thing onto a hair clip with some white button twist.
And, finally, I made myself a little bolero to wear later in the evening. Who knows if I'll really need it, but it was really easy and it's super cute. It's also made from the white bridal jacquard and it's lined with the same fabric that I used to interline the skirt of my dress.


No comments:
Post a Comment