I put the two back pieces together and wanted to see how the bodice would look with my buttons and loops. So, I pinned the bodice in approximately the way it will be when the off-center zipper is installed. Then I pinned a few of the rhinestone-posey buttons on the back.
The two full circles of cotton that I had made the skirt from for my muslin weren't big enough to use as the interlining. Once I finally received Advance 7914, I realized how the big the skirt actually would be! So I had to buy some more fabric to be able to start assembling the skirt. The kitchen island was the only place I was able to lay out the skirt panels (there are 4 of them) to do all the hand basting.
I got all 4 skirt pieces basted and the pockets attached and I started assembling the whole skirt. I realized quickly that pockets back in the 50's just weren't big enough. But I went ahead and pinned the skirt to my dressform and pinned the bodice on top of it, so I could look at my progress.
Next I'll be removing the pockets that are too small and replacing them with wider, deeper pockets. Then, I'll tackle the overskirt. I can't wait to join the bodice and skirt!




No comments:
Post a Comment