So, this is my "bridal look". That's what I've decided to call it. I was thinking about the whole process of making my wedding dress and I really wanted to make sure that I'm taking myself in the right direction. When I imagine a bride in my head this is what I see:
I know it's a little before my time and I don't even remember watching Funny Face all the way through. But for some reason I remember (in great detail) all of her fabulous clothes. I love the "fashion show" montage when she first begins modeling and the red dress on the stairs is one of the most magnificent images in the history of fashion (I think).
So I threw together a veil really quick with some extra tulle I had and plastic comb so that I could get that look they're always trying to sell you on Say Yes to the Dress. All bridal boutiques get you into a dress they want to sell you and then they put some ridiculous veil on your head to get you to see the look. The consultants are just trying to make a sale, but I really do need to see my whole look. I have to make sure that this is what I want because it's not like I can just put this dress back on the rack and try on another one. I kinda have just one chance to make myself happy.
And I am happy. I'm quite confident that I'm heading down the right path for my dress. I want flowers in my hair, but I don't like how real flowers get bruised and floppy. It seems so sad to try to make your hair pretty by torturing a flower that was prettier while it was alive. So I googled fabric flowers real quick and I found this blog with a how-to.
I like the shape of the flowers. They kinda look like plumeria or white poinsettias or even starfish. The only pattern you need is a circle, so I made a few to add to the veil. I made them with fabric I had leftover from my toothfairy costume. It's white sheer with sparkly dots. I also made a larger one with a net center to go in my hair under my veil because the veil probably won't stay in my hair much longer than the ceremony. I have to come up with something pretty to add to the center of my fabric flowers. Pearls? Rhinestones? Crystals? Or my all-time favorite and good old stand-by, sequins?


No comments:
Post a Comment