Wednesday, June 17, 2009

1/2/2009 Wedding Dress update #1

petticoat4.jpg


Well, the petticoat is done. All the gory details are in the pattern review.


I just want to document the practical details so when I do something stupid like tell someone I'll make their wedding dress I can look back at how much time I put into my own. :)


The petticoat is made of 8 yards of nylon net from WalMart for 77 cents per yard, 19 packages of Flexi-Lace Hem tape at $1.08 each, and 1 yard of Ambiance rayon lining fabric for $5.99/yard. So with tax, this petticoat was a steal at $35.12. (It's all about perspective)


Actually this petticoat is priceless because I made it while I was relaxing at home on my Christmas vacation with my Michael. Also, it's pretty much as authentic as you can get becuase the "pattern" is exactly what Alice Lon's mother used to make the petticoats she wore while on the Lawrence Welk show.


Next I'll be starting the muslins to try out fit and style.

No comments:

Post a Comment