Our third Valentine's Day was fabulous! We had a wonderful international dinner in our own little private room of the restaurant, then we spent some time in the jacuzzi. Michael got us a new Blu-ray player over the weekend, so we ended the evening (early morning) watching movies in HD. It was incredibly romantic and relaxing. Being Michael's wife is the best part of my life! :)
AND... to top it all off he got me a sewing machine for Valentine's Day! This will be the 2nd vintage machine that he's gotten me and I can't think of a better gift! I'm so lucky!
Remember this cute little pink machine?
Well, I made the right decision and I didn't get it.
Instead I ended up with TWO blue machines:
I started out with just the Singer 347 because I loved the cabinet it came with. Then when I was visiting Gail and Jerry today, they told me about an old sewing machine they had sitting in their basement. They said that they would like to see it used and that I could have it! WOW! Now I'm the proud owner of a Morse Fotomatic III. It's a 3/4 bed machine, so I'll have to do a little modification to the cabinet, but it's worth it. Morse were made in the Toyota factory in Japan and are 50lb, all-steel, work-horse sewing machines. I love the Robin's Egg blue Singer 347, so it and the Rocketeer will go into storage and I'll use the Fotomatic in my Valentine's Day cabinet here at the condo, until we move.




No comments:
Post a Comment