Monday, December 29, 2008

A Christmas Doll For Elliott


herbiexmas081.JPG


I found this retro doll pattern at Joann during the Veteran's Day sale. It's Simplicity 2729, a reprint of "learn to dress" dolls from the 70's. I'll post my pattern review with more details soon, but this is a really great pattern.


I named him Herbie How-to-Dress. Herbie has snaps on his shirt, buttons on his overalls, and laces on his shoes. I know Elliot isn't quite ready to start dressing himself, but Herbie can just be a good friend until he's ready.


I gave him a red shirt and plaid overalls because it looks like something Elliot would like to wear. You can trim his hair if you want because it's the same length hair as the girl doll, but I thought his hair looked good long and shaggy.


Elliot wasn't quite interested in Herbie at first. But then Jess made him clap, and Elliot decided to give Herbie a chance. After a couple claps Elliot was grabbing Herbie by his hair and looking for more clapping. :)


elliotherbiexmas08.JPG


Herbie turned out a little bigger than I expected, but I think he'll be a fun doll for Elliot to play with. Boys do like dolls too even if they need to call them action figures. :)


herbiexmas083.JPG


 

No comments:

Post a Comment