Monday, July 25, 2016

Ladies 1880's Drawers



Just a quick little post about drawers.  I made the  Ladies 1880's Drawers from The Ladies Treasury of Costume and Fashion site. I was a little leery about the whole concept of open drawers.  Then I saw this video on the Prior Attire Facebook page and I understood.  Its pretty much the only way to use the restroom when you are wearing a full skirt.



Then I made them and tried them on. They are awesome!!  So soft and comfy and I want to wear them everyday!



it's pretty much impossible to get a nice pic

They're made from the same cotton I used for my chemise, but I used an ecru lace on the front face of the waistband because I ran out of the cotton.  I think it kinda looks like I did it on purpose, though.  The seams are flat-felled and I added 6 tucks above the hems.  I followed the video in this Threads article to make them.  They're a little wonky, but it was my first time, hopefully I'll improve with practice.  No one should be seeing my drawers anyway.


I trimmed the hems with the same lace I put on my bustle.

No comments:

Post a Comment