Sunday, May 30, 2010

Hunky Dory by Chez Moi


I just finished a quilt for Joe Soro's baby, Sophia who is due to arrive in just a few weeks. I bought a cute charm pack from Beverly's on Friday and just stitched them all together. It's "Hunky Dory" by Chez Moi for Moda Fabrics.


I used Warm & Natural cotton batting (of course) and a lilac-purple backing. I even figured out how to miter the corners using the backing as an easy fold-over binding.
My good old favorite Sunbeam iron with a retractable cord gave out Friday night. Instead of just failing to heat, it got stuck on the linen setting and melted the lining for the dress I was working on. I continued on and made the dress with the lining shrunken, but I was very sad about my iron. So, I stopped by the Ross dress for less in Santee after my cousin, Julie's baby shower on Saturday. Buried in the back behind the ShamWow and other as-seen-on-TV products I found another Sunbeam iron! It's a beautiful classic 3973 with a storage indicator strip and a push-button spray mist. It also has a compass in the stock and this thing which tells time...
Not really, but it did come with a handy little plastic water filler cup. I LOVE my new iron!








3 comments:

  1. LOL! I love that the iron has a compass because you really need to know the direction you're ironing! lol, i know you were kidding. i hope my iron never gives up--it's been dropped so many times. I love the quilt too! Moda fabrics have the best designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Kimbra I remember your iron. It's a good one! We could never sew without them!
    Judo loves the quilt too. I've never sewn with real live quilting fabrics before. They're so pretty! I'm going to have to make Judo her own quilt...

    ReplyDelete