Thursday, January 17, 2008

Duro Duo

I'm finding that you can't really call yourself a sewing blogger unless you have a Duro post.


So here's mine...


duro1.JPG


Duro number one is Simplicity 4072. I would have never tried this pattern if it wasn't for my cool fashionista cousin Lindsey. We made one for her, then I had to make one for me. I used a purple Asian floral quilting fabric for the body of the dress and a sea foam green charmeuse (or Shamu) for the trim. Its really comfy, and looks amazing on Lindsey. That's all I have to say about that dress.





duro2.JPG



duro2lining.JPG Duro number two is Simplicity 6615. This is a much more flattering Duro-type dress. I'll use some variation of this pattern more often than Duro number one. I made it in a slinky polyester paisley that I got for just $1/yard. I lined the entire thing in a cream colored polyester that I also picked up for $1/yard. I didn't use a contrasting fabric for the bands, and I added the trim to the midriff band. I'm planning to try this one out a couple more times. Might be a good option for making a Duro version of "The Little Black Dress"

No comments:

Post a Comment