My beautiful little niece, Kaylee, turns one this weekend. I made this Ruby doll for her. Ruby is an easy little doll to make with your fabric scraps. I made Kaylee's with blonde hair and I added some Poly-pellets to her bottom to give her a little weight. I had lots of fun making Ruby. I'm sure I'll be making lots of other Rubies in the future.
I also finished my chickens and polka-dot Duro. I made the whole thing on my birthday present Singer 115. The machine sewed beautifully. With a stitch so fine, it really doesn't matter that you can't back-stitch or zig-zag. This is the only thing I'm going to make until I take it in. It needs a little professional attention and a better cleaning than I can do.
I really like how the dress turned out. I ended up re-drafting the entire pattern. It has kimono sleeves, the midriff band goes all the way around, and the skirt (both front and back) is gathered just the tiniest bit, so it doesn't really hug the hips. The only thing I'll change for the next time, is to bring up the hem a few inches. But, for some reason It kinda hangs funny on my dress-form. I think it's because of the lining I used. The polka-dot fabric is really thin, and you can see right through it. So I lined the entire dress in some fabric leftover from Halloween 2004. It's this really soft slippery polyester stuff, but I think it's a little heavy for the brown polka-dots. Oh, well, at least I bit into my fabric stash a little making this dress. I'm planning on wearing it to Kaylee's birthday party with some cute brown suede boots I have.

No comments:
Post a Comment