Sunday, March 15, 2009

BigLots Haul


albumsguestbook.JPG


I had a very successful shopping trip to Big Lots the other day! I just stopped in to see if they had some disposable cameras for the reception and I ended up finding lots of wedding photo related items! Just a couple weeks ago I decided that I actually do want to have a guestbook. Looking back at all the thing that people have written in our Halloween scrapbooks is fun, and I want those kind of memories from our wedding day. I just happened to find this one in the photo album aisle at Big Lots. I really like it. It has it's own storage box, so it doesn't get dusty over the years, and I really like the vine embroidery on the cover. The best part is that it was only $5! Then, on the shelf above I noticed a matching photo album for only $6! It comes in a sturdier storage box and it holds tons of photos something like 400! I also bought one more photo album because it goes with the vine theme of the other two and the price was right. :)


Luckily Big Lots still carries plenty of scrapbook stuff. I was at Dollar Tree not too long ago and I over heard a very desperate woman asking where the scrap-booking section was. The sales associate told her that the scrap-booking line has been discontinued and I thought the poor woman was going to melt right there in the store, she was so disappointed! I was kinda sad to hear that too, but I'm more of a recreational scrapbooker. For me, it's not really a necessity. I think it's fun to commemorate special things like weddings, babies, and holidays like Halloween with a scrapbook. But I don't need to make a page about our trip to the string museum.


bookpages.JPG


Anyway, I found all my wedding scrap-booking needs at Big Lots after finding the photo album stuff. I really love the little leather bound book that ties with some grosgrain ribbon. We have a surplus of patterned scrapbook paper from Halloween and some solids too, so I didn't really need much. It needs to get used up for other stuff, because we need to refresh our Halloween scrap-booking supplies (you can use the same eyeball paper for only so many years). So I'll use some of that for my wedding scrapbook, but I bought two "kits". They each have an assortment of stickers and backgrounds. I plan to make a wedding prep scrapbook. I'm enjoying the time leading up to the big day and I want to remember everything that I did with my family and friends. I'm very sad that I didn't get pictures of the girls trying on their bridesmaid dresses, but I think I'll be able to fudge it. From now on, I'll have my camera with me everywhere I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment