Jess and Dex and Elliot are back home!!
My mom had a little family get-together two weekends ago, and the Conrads were coming and bringing Jess and Elliot. I was so excited to see them because they had just moved back home after living in North Carolina for a little over a year. Elliot really is such a happy baby and I love to get to spend time with him and Jess. I wanted to make something other than clothes for Mr. E, so I found Simplicity 5310. They're neck pillows for older kids, but I thought Elliot could use it to snuggle with while he's playing on the floor. I happened to have some swirly orange polar fleece in my stash and some bright yellow craft felt squares. I always have fiberfill and I had safety eyes leftover from some teddy bears I made as Christmas gifts.
Assembling the monkey was pretty simple just a lot of little dart seams. The hardest part for me was making the ears round. Making an outside curve on a little tiny piece of polar fleece at 4am just wasn't as simple as you would think. But the monkey turned out really cute, and I was excited to give it to Elliot. He was much more interested in Mama Sheila's green heart-shaped sun glasses than his monkey, but I'm sure he'll cuddle with it soon.
The best part of this pattern is the nose. All the animals from this pattern have the same basic nose pattern piece. The contrast fabric is doubled and folded over the make real nostrils. This is so great because you can actually put your finger up the nose!

No comments:
Post a Comment