
One year ago I met the greatest guy in the whole world. We went to a Padre game and then to dinner at Red Lobster. The next day I went all the way to his house in Escondido and we watched Blade and had ice cream in rainbow cones. We got together again the next day and saw Pirates 3. Pretty much that was it. We haven't spent a day apart since then.
Michael is so kind and generous. He's the most talented artist, musician, & creator of all things cool that I've ever known. He even loves kitties, which is good because we have 4 of them. My family and friends all love him, and you all know how important that is to me. All the time we've spent together the past year has been so wonderful, and I'm such a happy girl.
Today we took it easy. We had breakfast in bed for the second Sunday in a row (just cereal this time). Then eventually we made it out of the house and went to the beach. Oceanside is about 20 minutes from our house, but for some reason I always feel like we live really close to the beach. Maybe because I'm used to places like Coronado and Mission Beach where a trip to the beach is a major ordeal. Oceanside is just at the end of the 78, and there is always easy street parking. We actually went yesterday too, and parking was a tad bit crowded but we still found a spot in the shade just a short walk from the beach. Lots of people go to the beach, but it's a real laid back crowd. People are nice and I think a couple strangers even smiled at us. Nothing like the crazy hardcore locals at Mission.

Today we were able to park in the shade again. I didn't bring my camera but I snapped a couple silly little cellphone pictures. There was a hibiscus bush in bloom next to the car in a really pretty pink. Normally I could care less about hibiscus. But this one was exceptionally pretty and it was such a gorgeous day I took a picture. We also saw a chic pulling a wagon with a huge iguana in it. I was too excited about seeing such a giant lizard hanging out at the beach I forgot to snap a picture. She said he's ten years old and never tries to run away just as he jumped out of the wagon to munch on some grass. Pretty cool.

It was perfect beach weather today. The sky was bright blue and the water was just refreshing enough to want to stay and play in the waves for a while. We got tossed around by the waves and got piles of sand in our bathing suits. Michael loves to play in the waves. It's so great, he never stops smiling and giggles like a little kid the whole time. I love it. Since both of us are so white we almost glow, we could only take so much time in the sun. So we came back home and rinsed all the sand and seawater off, then took a little nap. We're planning on going to dinner at Red Lobster like we did on our first date. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment