Friday, April 12, 2013

Let's get back to some sewing talk...

It's very difficult to find gifts for Michael Bacon.  If he wants/needs something, he gets it.  And he has very specific tastes.  So, when Christmas and his Birthday come up, I work hard to come up with things that are very special and unique for him.  I had small pieces of some cool fabrics that I wanted to give him, so I figured someone out there on the web would have a tutorial for guitar straps.  And I found an excellent one over at One Shabby Chick.  Her tutorial includes lots of pretty construction pictures, along with very detailed and easy to follow instructions for the whole process.

I had a little bit of guitar camo that was leftover from a blanket my Mom made for Korben, and I found The Avengers fabric at WalMart.  The tutorial suggests using inexpensive Ernie Ball straps to pirate hardware from.  But, I was doing this last second right before Christmas and I didn't think I had time to wait for them to ship.  So I went to Music Power, a guitar store near work, and picked up some Planet Waves straps for $5 each.  Then I happened to find out that Michael has used the Planet Waves straps before, so I think it worked out for the best.  


When he opened them he gave me one of the greatest compliments I have ever received.  He didn't think I made them, he thought I bought them.  He told me that they looked too professional to be homemade.  I take that as a huge compliment!  I'm secretly hoping that he like these and asks for more of them.  It's such a gratifying project to make.  I love being able to sew for my man.

And this was our 2012 Christmas tree with lights before decorations.


No comments:

Post a Comment