Korben has a robot night light!
I really wanted Korben to have his own special night light whether he has his own room or not. I'll always remember my night light that I had when I was little and I used it for a very long time. I had this idea of making a night light with a plastic toy robot. But toy robots are kind of collector's items and are actually pretty pricey. Then, I thought, well I can't be the only one who thought of a robot lamp, so I started looking for robot lamps for sale. These were the best I could find:
But, for $98, I thought I could come up with something better. As I was cruising around eBay looking for plastic robot coin banks, or cheap toys that I could maybe salvage and repaint, I came across these robot measuring cups!
They're available in red or white and they're hollow plastic! I decided to get the white set because I wasn't sure what color I would paint the robot. I drilled holes in all the cups and made sure they fit on the Ikea lamp I found at a thrift store for $1.50. It looked pretty good even before the paint job.
I got the the plastic lamp shade and the tiny CFL bulb at Ikea and gave the robot a fire engine red paint job. His volt meter on the front is just a download from google images that I stuck on him and drowned in clear nail polish, so it looks like it's behind glass. It looks really cool when the light is on!





No comments:
Post a Comment