Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Vintage Vogue Search


In March of last year Pattern Junkie posted over at Sew Retro about the Vintage Vogue Pattern Search.

I always believed that Vogue had some magnificent archive of patterns, and just pulled gorgeous vintage patterns from it to be reissued. Well, apparently that is not the case at all. They DO NOT keep a pattern archive! Isn't that sad?!

When I heard about the pattern search I knew exactly which pattern needed to be reissued.

Vogue 4743, of course.

I submitted an email and I snail-mailed in a scan of the pattern also. A few weeks later I got the email that my pattern was chosen! How exciting!!



Well, just this morning I received another email that they will be available in the Summer catalog and online right now!

So here it is...

Vogue 8729 is now available to everyone!

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely pattern. I just ordered this from Vogue Patterns online. Thanks for submitting this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so exciting...it is like bringing back the dead or something. What an absolutely amazing pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, over from SewRetro.
    I love the pattern and so glad you have saved it from obscurity. Oh, and I have big sewing machine envy on your previous post!
    lore
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this pattern online before I discovered your blog. How cool is that about the pattern?? By the way, I'm shocked that vogue did not keep their patterns in an archive!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it gorgeous?! I'm so glad that Vogue chose it and made it available to everyone. Thanks everyone for visiting my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete