Monday, November 16, 2009

The Current Tree Topper Angel Round 3

currentangel.JPG


 


I spent the entire weekend working on one of these angels for our Christmas Tree. This is my 3rd round of making one and it's a LOT of work!


My mom bought two of these kits back in the 80's when they were originally released. Then a few years back I found one on eBay and purchases a 3rd kit.


(Here's another eBay auction)


Her first kit, I put together for her when I was in High School, and she still puts it on the tree every year. A few years later I thought it might be cool to make her second kit for myself and I just glued rainbow-colored feathers all over her. It was a very cheesy 90's rave looking angel. The rainbow feather angel probably spent the remainder of her days in a landfill...


So, this weekend I decided that I should put the 3rd kit together. The kit really just includes the printed fabric and instructions. You have to embroider, stitch, and/or decorate her however you want. I like the embroidered/ribbon look which is what I did for my mom's angel.


This weekend I got as far as finishing most of embroidery on her dress and halo. This week I'll work on her wings and her face and hair. I'm hoping to have her completed by Thanksgiving.


Then we'll have our own hand-crafted Bacon family Tree Topper Angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment