The Saturday after our wedding Lindsey had a really fun Boats N Hoes birthday party at her house. Everyone dressed nautical and she had a DJ and a photographer. She made her very own super cool birthday cake which was delicious. Sorry Cornbread, I know you asked me to "hold" your piece of cake, but Michael and I accidentally ate it instead.
You can see the photo gallery here:
Some of Lindsey's friends made amazing jungle juice with delicious fresh fruit in it, and the DJ played some great 80's music to get people dancing. It was a super fun party!
This past weekend was The 4th of July. Michael and I decided to relax at home and just grill some hamburgers and corn on the cob. Which was a good choice because I'm pretty sure corn is the only veggie that Cornbread will eat. We had him over to celebrate the birth of our nation and play a little guitar. Michael taught him how to shred and then we set off the poppers I got at Dollar Tree. The boys were a little disappointed that you can't get any fireworks that explode in California (legally). But once they started throwing the poppers at the sliding glass door while the cats tried to attack them from inside the house, they started having fun.
I was just excited to get to use our first real-live patio set. My mom gave us a nice bistro set when we got back from our Honeymoon. Our back patio is really small and a full patio table and 4 chairs would take up the whole thing and leave no room for the BBQ and fire pit. I also decorated the back yard with some battery-operated laterns from Dollar Tree. But, I learned that 8 batteries for a dollar is not a good deal. The batteries only lasted about 45 minutes, so next time I want to use our battery lanterns I won't buy the batteries from Dollar Tree. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment