I love to color easter eggs! Each year as it gets close to easter I see the Paas egg coloring kits and I remember that I get to color eggs! I always add vinegar and leave the eggs in the dye for a long time because I like them to be as vibrant as possible. I saved my egg-shaped coloring cups from last year and I got a "vehEGGles" coloring kit for this year. I wasn't really interested in the fire, ambulance and police stickers for the eggs, I just put them right on the little egg-shaped chasis. They look like multi-colored VW's.
I also just like to see a bunch of brightly colored easter eggs. :)
I also made some "Spaghetti Western Arterial Red" this afternoon. (I love that name) Thanks to Kimbra I found a great homemade blood recipe that's supposed to be washable. It's a really simple concoction of dishsoap, cornstarch, and food color. It looks like a fresh arterial spray, but it smells clean and crisp like an apple orchard.
I made up a small batch and I put some on the wall and in the bathtub to make sure we'll be able to wash it out. I'll check on it Friday morning and see how it does. With the remaining blood, I started to bloody-up the ghost girl's nightgown. It looks pretty authentic, but I think it needs lots more. I can't wait to really get into all the SFX for the shoot this weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment