I love BigLots this time of year. It's a wonderland of creepy low-priced Halloween props and decorations. I think this bride and groom are especially cool. It's so nice to see the undead settle down and tie the knot. There are also some maniacal clowns and witches that are similar to the bride and groom which are also pretty cool. I noticed stacks of boxes with the magical orange Jack-O-Lantern stamp blocking some of the aisles in the store, so I'm sure as the actual holiday gets closer, there will be even more terrible treasures for me to drool over. But I was so excited about the two aisles of goodies that have been put on display, I had to snap a couple crappy cell phone pictures.
The aisle where the bride and groom are, is really the one that catches your attention, but the other aisle of outdoor lights and other electronic-type gadgets shouldn't be ignored. This year they have a motion activated thunder and lightning strobe light set. Basically when it's activated it makes pretty high quality thunder sound effects and a series of pretty good little strobe lights make the lightning effect. I think it would be perfect for lighting up your front door for the trick-or-treaters (TOTs). I might consider buying them, but for today I just pressed the "try-me" button a couple times. There are the stupid el cheapo lighted lawn stakes, that aren't cool-looking or creepy in any way, and the pre-carved lighted foam pumpkins that you can never have too many of. But another new decoration I was kinda interested in was the creepy signs. There is one that says "The Witch is In", and the "Bats Motel" which just looks like you forgot the "e", and then there are quite a few motion activated signs. My favorite is "The Blood Cafe", it looks all bloody and dirty.
I really could just spend my entire paycheck on Halloween stuff, but today I only bought the old standby 5 foot Glow-In-The-Dark blowmold skeleton. I'll pop of his skull and use the rest of him for the talking tree face/skull project I started a couple months ago. The anatomically correct skull model in no way matches the cheap blowmold plastic skeleton, but I figure I should be able to make them match each other a little better with some paint.




No comments:
Post a Comment